Crypt of the Creative
Crypt of the Creative
Crypt of the Creative
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creativity, the Longevity of Life

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 161 on Tue May 14, 2019 4:36 pm
Latest topics
» the last person to post here wins
Mood - Happiness I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 1:39 pm by fleamailman

» way cool pictures
Mood - Happiness I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 10:12 pm by fleamailman

» CmDR.Idle.RO [ 47+48 ]
Mood - Happiness I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 6:32 pm by SilentxMidnight

» Have returned
Mood - Happiness I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:15 pm by My name is Fiction

» KPop :'D
Mood - Happiness I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:11 pm by My name is Fiction

» MuAddicted
Mood - Happiness I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:37 am by I-See-Sounds

» Arieth Mu Online
Mood - Happiness I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 3:38 am by MartinX-ariethAD

» Random Stuff
Mood - Happiness I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:56 pm by SilentxMidnight

» Goodbye Future - Short Story
Mood - Happiness I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:41 pm by SilentxMidnight

Top posters
SilentxMidnight
Mood - Happiness I_vote_lcapMood - Happiness I_voting_barMood - Happiness I_vote_rcap 
fleamailman
Mood - Happiness I_vote_lcapMood - Happiness I_voting_barMood - Happiness I_vote_rcap 
sasunaru.4life
Dark_Spinning_Fairy
Reaper_HarrisPunk
Sage
lilM
xMoonlight_Maniax
The jatsman
Night Owl

Mood - Happiness

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

Mood - Happiness Empty
PostSubject: Mood - Happiness   Mood - Happiness I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:53 am

Ok since this is the mood area lets talk mood.

Topic of the day.....[drum roll please] ... HAPPINESS

In your writing how do you set the happiness?

Is it all bright skies and pretty flowers or can you make happiness appear in the darkest of places? Tell us how you do it! Give us an example if you can.
Back to top Go down
TheSkwerl
Grabbing the Pencil
TheSkwerl

Mood - Happiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood - Happiness   Mood - Happiness I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:17 pm

Happiness in the darkest of places is simple really..it can be something as simple as a small light or a lovely memory. Happiness can be a flower or a sunbeam, a small forgotten toy or an old picture. Or happiness can come from the power of love. Group hug!
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

Mood - Happiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood - Happiness   Mood - Happiness I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:28 pm

Good point but what if you don't have any of those things? How do you make happiness come from nothing?
Back to top Go down
TheSkwerl
Grabbing the Pencil
TheSkwerl

Mood - Happiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood - Happiness   Mood - Happiness I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:31 pm

Then it falls to the soul...somewhere in the soul there at one time had to have been something long forgotten that might bring a spark or perhaps something simple that has recently happened and the character just didn't notice at the time. Happiness is tricky and different for every being
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

Mood - Happiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood - Happiness   Mood - Happiness I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:34 pm

Good point. It is different.

An example i would give for a tricky happiness is a new novel i'm writing. The character lost all her memories before her brothers death and from then on its pain after pain after pain. No happiness. No peace. When she's in trouble she gets happiness from 'avenging' her brother. In other words killing people for her brother.

So in some cases happiness can be a bad/wrong/hurtful thing as well
Back to top Go down
TheSkwerl
Grabbing the Pencil
TheSkwerl

Mood - Happiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood - Happiness   Mood - Happiness I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:39 pm

Thats the thing its not a true happiness...its a satisfaction of vengeance that she is interpret ting wrong...when the true happiness hits her she may become confused or even frightened by it. It will be an unknown to her. That's how I would see it anyways LOL
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

Mood - Happiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood - Happiness   Mood - Happiness I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:48 pm

hahaha Agreed but, what if you find a person or character that doesn't believe in happiness and forces themselves away from it at all times? Is it possible then that happiness would change into something more dark?
Back to top Go down
TheSkwerl
Grabbing the Pencil
TheSkwerl

Mood - Happiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood - Happiness   Mood - Happiness I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:55 pm

YES.. hence a completely evil character. They would find happiness and pleasure from others pain and suffering. May even find some odd sense of happiness in their own misery.
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

Mood - Happiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood - Happiness   Mood - Happiness I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:00 pm

Exactly! Thus happiness isn't just the stereotypical kind [bright colors, hugs, flowers, lovers, etc etc] It can be very complex! That is why when writing it you have to know your characters VERY well before trying to ruse it.
Back to top Go down
xMoonlight_Maniax
The Light over the Crypt
xMoonlight_Maniax

Mood - Happiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood - Happiness   Mood - Happiness I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:22 am

Sometimes happiness is accompanied by worry (as to when it will end, for example). True 100% happiness is hard to come by, since there's usually something in the back of the character's head, agonizing him or her.
Back to top Go down
http://member.mibba.com/54014/
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

Mood - Happiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood - Happiness   Mood - Happiness I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:26 am

Yes yes exactly. Emotions are dificult. you can't jsut say;

susy is so happy today! nothing could bring her down while she smiled that smile!

that just isn't gonna happen. nope. not in a good story or book.
Back to top Go down
xMoonlight_Maniax
The Light over the Crypt
xMoonlight_Maniax

Mood - Happiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood - Happiness   Mood - Happiness I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:19 pm

Right. Because that doesn't happen in life. Ever. xD Maybe for a second, you character will feel like the sun is shining, but then it will start raining. That's just what happens.
Back to top Go down
http://member.mibba.com/54014/
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

Mood - Happiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood - Happiness   Mood - Happiness I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:26 pm

Or its raining and then the sun shines. even if a persons life is full of gloom and that is their happiness the sun will shine and then they are sad v.v
Back to top Go down
TheSkwerl
Grabbing the Pencil
TheSkwerl

Mood - Happiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood - Happiness   Mood - Happiness I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:37 pm

I have had several days where happiness was an all day affair. Those tend to be the days that I remember fondest and when I am down they help bring me up.
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

Mood - Happiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood - Happiness   Mood - Happiness I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 1:01 pm

Thats good! It's really hard to come by those in real life [much harder then in a book] I for one don't remember any long periods like that v.v

oh well. Its good to have those kind of days
Back to top Go down
TheSkwerl
Grabbing the Pencil
TheSkwerl

Mood - Happiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood - Happiness   Mood - Happiness I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 1:31 pm

Your still young yet. You have a long time to acquire these happy days. One for me was the day my son was born. I remember that day clearly and it was fantastic. A day that brings me much emotional pain was June 6th 1996. My first son died 2 hours after he was born. He died in my arms. That was a day that for me God was evil. Its amazing how feelings can play havoc on ones soul.
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

Mood - Happiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood - Happiness   Mood - Happiness I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 1:49 pm

the soul is created through feelings. all feelings woven toghethre create the spiral that is life, that is soul. I don't believe in god. he turned his back on me to man times. if he's real at all that is.

Sorry about your son =[
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mood - Happiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood - Happiness   Mood - Happiness I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mood - Happiness
Page 1 of 1