Crypt of the Creative
Crypt of the Creative
Crypt of the Creative
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creativity, the Longevity of Life

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 161 on Tue May 14, 2019 4:36 pm
Latest topics
» the last person to post here wins
How to Set the Mood I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 1:39 pm by fleamailman

» way cool pictures
How to Set the Mood I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 10:12 pm by fleamailman

» CmDR.Idle.RO [ 47+48 ]
How to Set the Mood I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 6:32 pm by SilentxMidnight

» Have returned
How to Set the Mood I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:15 pm by My name is Fiction

» KPop :'D
How to Set the Mood I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:11 pm by My name is Fiction

» MuAddicted
How to Set the Mood I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:37 am by I-See-Sounds

» Arieth Mu Online
How to Set the Mood I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 3:38 am by MartinX-ariethAD

» Random Stuff
How to Set the Mood I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:56 pm by SilentxMidnight

» Goodbye Future - Short Story
How to Set the Mood I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:41 pm by SilentxMidnight

Top posters
SilentxMidnight
How to Set the Mood I_vote_lcapHow to Set the Mood I_voting_barHow to Set the Mood I_vote_rcap 
fleamailman
How to Set the Mood I_vote_lcapHow to Set the Mood I_voting_barHow to Set the Mood I_vote_rcap 
sasunaru.4life
Dark_Spinning_Fairy
Reaper_HarrisPunk
Sage
lilM
xMoonlight_Maniax
The jatsman
Night Owl

How to Set the Mood

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
xMoonlight_Maniax
The Light over the Crypt
xMoonlight_Maniax

How to Set the Mood Empty
PostSubject: How to Set the Mood   How to Set the Mood I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:23 pm

I've been trying to get more and more practice setting the mood of a scene and making it as sad or as scary as I picture it. For me, I can describe everything that's happening, but I have trouble going that little extra step to truly set the feeling and mood of the scene. How do you set the mood? Are there key words that you use?
Back to top Go down
http://member.mibba.com/54014/
imaginary
Searching for Inspiration
imaginary

PostSubject: Re: How to Set the Mood   How to Set the Mood I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 2:52 pm

I think the way to setting the mood is really your diction, or word choice. Every word to me has a mood and to create the mood you use the words that fit it in. For example if you had a dark or scary setting, you wouldn't say, the girl skipped across the street. You might say the girl stumbled across the street, because, the word skip has an impression of being happy while stumble does not. Of course that was a simple example and there are probably better words than that. Smile
Also, I think what is really important is imagery. The more the reader can see, the more they will get into the mood. So lots of descriptive words. Especially those that fit into the mood. Like eerie, haunting, gloomy or whatever.
Sorry, I don't know if I explained that right, but I hope it helps! :-)
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: How to Set the Mood   How to Set the Mood I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 8:27 pm

ok so mood.

As imaginary said, your words set a mood

Every scene has to be looked at like a picture, as you type a word your adding a stroke of a brush or the glide of a pencil. You have to make things flow smoothly in a way that not only shows what you want it to, but doesn't try to cram things inside it that will make it bumpy and studdery. You want the reader to be able to read the words like they were tracing the fine lines in a wood carving. Words are a craft, mood is a mastery.

I don't think i really explained it so if you have even more questions now i'm sorry
Back to top Go down
imaginary
Searching for Inspiration
imaginary

PostSubject: Re: How to Set the Mood   How to Set the Mood I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 9:10 pm

Yes, that was exactly what I was trying to say. Only you explained it way better!! I like the metaphors!
Back to top Go down
xMoonlight_Maniax
The Light over the Crypt
xMoonlight_Maniax

PostSubject: Re: How to Set the Mood   How to Set the Mood I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:52 pm

No, Angela. I actually completely understood what you said. You have to make it smooth, still getting the point across without disturbing the flow. You have to paint the picture without any distractions. :3 I like how you described it.
Back to top Go down
http://member.mibba.com/54014/
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: How to Set the Mood   How to Set the Mood I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 5:01 pm

cheers

I'm glad you guys understood what the heck i meant! and i'm glad it helped =] That's how i see it, and since i'm into art and stuff that's how i figured it out myself soooo yeah haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Set the Mood   How to Set the Mood I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 1:09 pm

Akurei has a poetic way of saying it. But she is right. Though it is difficult to do precisely as she, in her complete and utter knowledge of the subject, it is possible to paint a picture the way she says.

though what do i know. I only draw bubble people. I don't know how to paint them :]
Back to top Go down
Sage
Mentor of Creative Being
Sage

PostSubject: Re: How to Set the Mood   How to Set the Mood I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 12:55 pm

Ah the eyes, once said to be the gateway to the soul...or window....whichever seems more clear. Close your eyes and let the world inside of your mind unfould into a shimmering reflection of your inner desires and dreams that fuel your wildest ambitions. Simplly, close your eyes and live in the world you have created for yourself. Next, your diction shall be your ambrosial guide to your writing career.

Sage Techno
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: How to Set the Mood   How to Set the Mood I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 3:55 pm

The sad song of violins press against you in their whine as if whispering in sorrow at your late departure. Leave your past dreams and know you have done well though small tears may drip from your eyes and sparkling rain clouds the path before you in a misted hiss. Step by step you sink into a bottomless pit of options. the world around pulling you into the tunnels forcing you in place on way or another. shall you fight for your wishes or be glided past such and into the misery of passions last embrace as you kneel down and give in to what the world around you wishes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Set the Mood   How to Set the Mood I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to Set the Mood
Page 1 of 1