Crypt of the Creative
Crypt of the Creative
Crypt of the Creative
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creativity, the Longevity of Life

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 161 on Tue May 14, 2019 4:36 pm
Latest topics
» the last person to post here wins
Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 1:39 pm by fleamailman

» way cool pictures
Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 10:12 pm by fleamailman

» CmDR.Idle.RO [ 47+48 ]
Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 6:32 pm by SilentxMidnight

» Have returned
Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:15 pm by My name is Fiction

» KPop :'D
Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:11 pm by My name is Fiction

» MuAddicted
Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:37 am by I-See-Sounds

» Arieth Mu Online
Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 3:38 am by MartinX-ariethAD

» Random Stuff
Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:56 pm by SilentxMidnight

» Goodbye Future - Short Story
Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:41 pm by SilentxMidnight

Top posters
SilentxMidnight
Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_vote_lcapCharacterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_voting_barCharacterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
fleamailman
Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_vote_lcapCharacterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_voting_barCharacterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
sasunaru.4life
Dark_Spinning_Fairy
Reaper_HarrisPunk
Sage
lilM
xMoonlight_Maniax
The jatsman
Night Owl

Characterization, Baby!

Go down 
+2
SilentxMidnight
Novel-Goddess
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sasunaru.4life
The Forum's Knuckleheaded-Ninja
sasunaru.4life

Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characterization, Baby!   Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 1:23 pm

yes it really is
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: Characterization, Baby!   Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 7:08 am

I like his story idea, he really has to post it so we can help him out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sasunaru.4life
sasunaru.4life

PostSubject: Re: Characterization, Baby!   Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 4:31 pm

mmkay
Back to top Go down
xMoonlight_Maniax
The Light over the Crypt
xMoonlight_Maniax

PostSubject: Re: Characterization, Baby!   Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 7:02 pm

D: I'm not crazy, I swear! >_< I'm just eccentric.
Back to top Go down
http://member.mibba.com/54014/
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: Characterization, Baby!   Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 7:42 pm

but but crazy is amazing!
Back to top Go down
Novel-Goddess
The Forum Theorier
Novel-Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Characterization, Baby!   Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 7:34 pm

SO. To get us back on topic...

Who are your favorite characters to work with: protagonists, antagonists, main characters, or secondary characters?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jenniferwhite.webs.com
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: Characterization, Baby!   Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 6:53 am

I love all my characters Group hug!

They are my babies!

Oh has anyone ever noticed that sometimes you spend more time on your secondary character than your main character? I have. Sometimes i work with them so much i just want to make them the main character!

Thats how one of my novels are. The main character is ACCUALLY the secondary character but you see the whole thing through the eyes of someone else. Its rather fun.

Anyway ....um... yeah i love all characters! I love you

p.s. Novel you know your crazy too!
Back to top Go down
Novel-Goddess
The Forum Theorier
Novel-Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Characterization, Baby!   Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 7:55 am

Lol, of course I'm crazy. Wink

I personally love working with my secondary characters the most. Especially in The Surface of the Deep, where a lot of the major action depends on my main characters' reactions to the actions of the secondary characters. But, besides that, it's a pretty slick challenge to make them real and dynamic without allowing them to take over the entire story.

For me, my favorite characters to write AND read are always the secondaries. They add such color if they're written right. Smile
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: Characterization, Baby!   Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 7:58 am

True. Gotta love those secondary characters.

As for taking over the entire story, i'm pretty good with not doing that. The only time that happens is if i love them too much for them to be secondary characters. Which has only happened once -proud look-
Back to top Go down
Novel-Goddess
The Forum Theorier
Novel-Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Characterization, Baby!   Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 8:02 am

Yeah.

I have a bad habit of randomly switching POVs in the middle of a scene, which is kind of...bad. I have two main POV characters, but there are scenes that I give to my more present secondary characters.

But, the thing is, between those I end up accidentally switching into a random POV just because I love the secondaries so much. I'm constantly having to go back and fix it.
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: Characterization, Baby!   Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 2:36 pm

yeah... it can be hard but its amazing that way <3 it really helps you get to know the characters so later on when they are important in some way you know them better!
Back to top Go down
sasunaru.4life
sasunaru.4life

PostSubject: Re: Characterization, Baby!   Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 3:14 pm

I'm missing the point of this, but I'm just writing something here to feel special
Back to top Go down
Novel-Goddess
The Forum Theorier
Novel-Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Characterization, Baby!   Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 3:32 pm

^ The point is to discuss characters. Hence the name of the thread.
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: Characterization, Baby!   Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:13 am

how bout this Naru [great to see you back by the way!]

Post a discription about your characters personalities and we'll all see if it fits with your story[script] line
Back to top Go down
sasunaru.4life
sasunaru.4life

PostSubject: Re: Characterization, Baby!   Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:49 pm

alright, well, here goes

chelsea- outgoing, smart, laid back, friendly/bubbly, chill, tomboyish, takes a lot to get her to believe in something [like the ghostie]

chris- bad ass, jokester/prankster, likes saying things to sound cool, believes he has no real point in living [in the beginning] then after the ghostie, he believes there is a point, BIG smoker

demetri- really laid back and calm. big drinker, hates parents, mysterious/dark, kind of like puzzle -hard to figure out

evalina- very primp/proper, girly, bubbly, fun loving, acts like a princess, very polite, friendly, very super smily, and a good person

hora [the h is silent]- big sports fan, tomboy [all the way], perky/peppy, friendly, loud/well spoken
Back to top Go down
My name is Fiction
Searching for Inspiration

PostSubject: Re: Characterization, Baby!   Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:33 pm

What does POV standfor Prisoners,Of,Vagas/I might be making a book or novel what ever but my carecters at times are separeted and they have WHOLE Chapters to themselves(and the people trying to kill them) I perticularly made rich back story so pridictions can be made but Not all charecters have gotten beyond concept. :3
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: Characterization, Baby!   Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 4:01 am

POV point of view dweeb -.-

that's how one of my novels it. it switches between the characters. only mine is in first person :X
Back to top Go down
My name is Fiction

PostSubject: Re: Characterization, Baby!   Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 5:16 pm

I'v noticed (Because I read too many Books) that the best storys swicht between diferent perspectives but most of the time u dont even notice!(Is it possible to read TOO many b ooks?)
Back to top Go down
xMoonlight_Maniax
The Light over the Crypt
xMoonlight_Maniax

PostSubject: Re: Characterization, Baby!   Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:17 pm

I just don't like switching between p.o.v's too much. I find it distracting. >_<; Plus there's more mystery if you don't know what everyone is thinking.

Should I post my characters, too?

[Seasons of Midnight]

Violet: Can be seen as winsome and insouciant [to Kaden], loves to look at the stars, shy at times, cheerful, caring, gullible, can be a klutz.

Kaden: fears being alone, yearns for a [good] constant in his life, hard to figure out [to Violet], impulsive, stubborn, ignorant, likes jazz music (which seems to not fit his personality, which i like ^^), suffers from depression

Luke: fun-loving, humorous, likes solving mysteries, intelligent despite his silly personality, caring, can be childish

Damien: Conniving, creepy [to Violet], selfish, always plans ahead and thinks things through, intelligent, greedy.

Garrett: A follower, loyal [to certain people], wants to be loved and appreciated by someone [I compare him to a mean, lost puppy], can be hurtful, intelligent, can be sly if he tries.
Back to top Go down
http://member.mibba.com/54014/
sasunaru.4life
sasunaru.4life

PostSubject: Re: Characterization, Baby!   Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 4:16 am

I like the characters
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: Characterization, Baby!   Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:10 am

Moon i have that pic of Kaden if you ever want it.

Mike i've read and own over 10000 books. if you can read too many than i think i'd be dead by now.

naru, i totally agree
Back to top Go down
sasunaru.4life
sasunaru.4life

PostSubject: Re: Characterization, Baby!   Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 1:49 pm

YAY FOR ME !!!
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: Characterization, Baby!   Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 8:04 am

Ok so i've been playing this game on byond and i love the story line me and my friends have made up that i'm thinking of writing a little novilia about it!!!

here are the characters.

Karasu Subayai - a lonely cat demon that keeps to herself most of the time. She's become a statue created from her past.

Roze Subayai - Karasu's twin sister that dies giving birth to a son made by magic. she was sweet and kind, and naive

Tora Subayai - the son made by magic that killed Roze. His father is Chase Brennan

Zeknock Sword - he met the Subayai's though stalking and now never leaves Karasu alone. When she's out he'll leave Ghost dolls in her room for her. He's quiet and strong and doesn't like to answer her questions.

Chase Brennan - a wolf that fell for Roze. he's childish at time and easily falls for pretty faces. he's taken the Subayai's at a sub clan because of his son and calls Karasu his sister.

Yukki Senpi- Took Roze's place in Chase's life and reminds Karasu of Roze. she's strong willed and stubborn
Back to top Go down
sasunaru.4life
sasunaru.4life

PostSubject: Re: Characterization, Baby!   Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 5:03 pm

I know you've been playing that game. I'm watching you play the game. You're having a poking war
Back to top Go down
My name is Fiction

PostSubject: Re: Characterization, Baby!   Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 4:26 pm

POKING WAR LET ME JOIN *POKE*POKE*POKE*POKE*POKE*POKE*POKE*POKE*POKE*POKE*POKE*POKE*POKE*POKE*POKE* !!!I WIN!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Characterization, Baby!   Characterization, Baby! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Characterization, Baby!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next