Crypt of the Creative
Crypt of the Creative
Crypt of the Creative
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creativity, the Longevity of Life

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 161 on Tue May 14, 2019 4:36 pm
Latest topics
» the last person to post here wins
Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 1:39 pm by fleamailman

» way cool pictures
Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire! I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 10:12 pm by fleamailman

» CmDR.Idle.RO [ 47+48 ]
Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire! I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 6:32 pm by SilentxMidnight

» Have returned
Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:15 pm by My name is Fiction

» KPop :'D
Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:11 pm by My name is Fiction

» MuAddicted
Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire! I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:37 am by I-See-Sounds

» Arieth Mu Online
Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 3:38 am by MartinX-ariethAD

» Random Stuff
Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:56 pm by SilentxMidnight

» Goodbye Future - Short Story
Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:41 pm by SilentxMidnight

Top posters
SilentxMidnight
Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire! I_vote_lcapNovel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire! I_voting_barNovel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire! I_vote_rcap 
fleamailman
Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire! I_vote_lcapNovel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire! I_voting_barNovel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire! I_vote_rcap 
sasunaru.4life
Dark_Spinning_Fairy
Reaper_HarrisPunk
Sage
lilM
xMoonlight_Maniax
The jatsman
Night Owl

Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Novel-Goddess
The Forum Theorier
Novel-Goddess

Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire! Empty
PostSubject: Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire!   Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 8:34 pm

*Waves*

Hello from writing land!

Let's see, here. Well, I'm a novelist, to start off. I write fantasy and a little bit of paranormal-type stuff (one of my books has Death as a major character), and once or twice I've tried my hand at romance.

As for goals, I'm trying to get published right now and have eight rejection letters under my belt. I've been looking at magazines lately, hoping that will help me break into the publishing world.

I've been writing for most of my life, but only seriously for about two years. And only REALLY seriously for about a year. But don't think that means I don't know anything about the writing world. Heck no. I do my research and I read agent/writing blogs. Heck, my own writing advice blog has 84 followers as of right now.

Oops, tangent. Sorry. Sometimes people think I'm inexperienced and/or not a great writer just because I'm young. I really dislike that.

Anyway, off to write some more...

Last edited by Novel-Goddess on Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.jenniferwhite.webs.com
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire!   Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 8:41 pm

Novel,

I get what you mean. We're the same age and people always think I don't know what I'm doing just because of my age. Age is a number, numbers go on forever, so I could be 15 but then I could be 1500 if I wanted to!

People need to deal with it, age is irrelevant. We know what we're doing if we're motivated enough to work for it.

Thank you for joinging the Writing Tunnel!!!!
Back to top Go down
Novel-Goddess
The Forum Theorier
Novel-Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire!   Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 8:52 pm

You're very welcome! It's all about networking, baby. All about networking. Hence my many social networking pages/forum memberships. Et cetera.

I think the best complement I've ever received was from Emily over at the Chronicle, saying that I have more talent than published authors twice my age. For a while I was feeling really down, thinking there was no way I could ever get published because of my age, and she helped me realize that as long as I work at it, I can do it.

Heck, I'm at the same place my English teacher is. He's a writer, and he's been working at it for decades. We're both sending out query letters. It took me less than a year to get to this point. Just goes to show you, you don't have to be old and you don't have to take thirty years to write a book. So ha ha ha, in your face, stereotypes.

Wow. *Reads post.* I didn't think it bothered me that much...apparently it does. I just can't stand people that think I can't write because I'm fifteen.

Anyway...thanks for reading, I suppose. Off to peruse the forum now.
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire!   Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:03 pm

Novel,

I know what you mean! People need to worry about their own life and not someone else's. Just because we're young, doesn't mean we don't have brains.

I don't have a lot of people following me on Blogger/Blogspot, but I don't advertise it very much so I don't think anyone would find me. I don't care if I can get a million people to think I'm amazing, if I can help one fellow author either find an agent or learn the ropes then I've lived my life to the fullest!

Life is what you make it, don't let anyone get you down. that goes for all of you writers out there, young or old!
Back to top Go down
Novel-Goddess
The Forum Theorier
Novel-Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire!   Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:09 pm

Good point. I don't really need ten million followers, but it's a nice little bonus. I really enjoy posting writing advice and I take great pride in knowing that I've helped a lot of people out writing-wise. My nana says I should be a creative writing professor when I grow up.

Ha. Grow up. Don't think I ever will. Sometimes I think I still have the mentality of a five year old. I still think glitter glue and ribbons are the best things ever.

Anyway.

I'd love to know why people think that you have to be old to write professionally. I mean, the majority of people that get published are older (not old, but at least actual, legal adults), but you don't have to be old to know *how* to write. I guess it's that whole children are young and stupid thing coming back again.

Whew. I think it's all out of me now. I think I'm going to go to bed soon...
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire!   Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:24 pm

Haha rest up, Novel!

what Emily said is true, your probably better than most adults and that's why they dislike younger, creative people. If 'some kid' can be better than an adult then they have to crush them. They want to bring down your hope for doing better than them.

It's cruel and stupid.

They all need to get over themselves. A younger person can be just as good, if not better, than any adult. We are not stupid, we are just young. People have to think also, someday we will be adults and we will be published. If not as a young teenager, than a young adult. But we have the motivation to do it and stick to it!
Back to top Go down
Novel-Goddess
The Forum Theorier
Novel-Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire!   Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 5:30 am

*Applauds enthusiastically.* Amen to that! Very Happy

Man, I've been doing tons of writing-stuff this week. I'm doing a final read-through of The Surface of the Deep and I started on Shattered Truth (working title, people, I hate it, too), which is the sequel and second book in the series. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Just thought I'd mention that. I'm in a good mood, and I'm feeling pretty chatty.
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire!   Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 7:55 am

Then chat away! chat chat chat away~!!!! ^^

The title isn't that bad ^^

I'm working on finishing up {fixing} the ending to my novel. haha its so funny, my mother wont read my novel becuase it's to detailed and parts are just plain creepy
Back to top Go down
xMoonlight_Maniax
The Light over the Crypt
xMoonlight_Maniax

PostSubject: Re: Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire!   Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 5:50 pm

Even though I haven't read that much of your work, Novel, I think you're a great writer! Don't let people tell you otherwise. They're probably just jealous, since people are mean like that. I know I just turned 16 and I've read work online by so many people that are in their twenties that isn't half as good as yours. Hell, my English teacher a few months ago was worse than half of either of us. :] Age is just a number. Like, if you're sending out query letters, they won't know what your age is unless you stamp it in big bold letters on the front. No worries. <3
Back to top Go down
http://member.mibba.com/54014/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire!   Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Novel Goddess : Writer Extraordinaire!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crypt of the Creative :: Writer's Tunnel :: Writers-
Jump to: