Crypt of the Creative
Crypt of the Creative
Crypt of the Creative
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creativity, the Longevity of Life

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 161 on Tue May 14, 2019 4:36 pm
Latest topics
» the last person to post here wins
The Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 1:39 pm by fleamailman

» way cool pictures
The Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 10:12 pm by fleamailman

» CmDR.Idle.RO [ 47+48 ]
The Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 6:32 pm by SilentxMidnight

» Have returned
The Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:15 pm by My name is Fiction

» KPop :'D
The Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:11 pm by My name is Fiction

» MuAddicted
The Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:37 am by I-See-Sounds

» Arieth Mu Online
The Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 3:38 am by MartinX-ariethAD

» Random Stuff
The Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:56 pm by SilentxMidnight

» Goodbye Future - Short Story
The Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:41 pm by SilentxMidnight

Top posters
SilentxMidnight
The Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcapThe Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_voting_barThe Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
fleamailman
The Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcapThe Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_voting_barThe Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
sasunaru.4life
Dark_Spinning_Fairy
Reaper_HarrisPunk
Sage
lilM
xMoonlight_Maniax
The jatsman
Night Owl

The Novel Help Thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

The Novel Help Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Novel Help Thread   The Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 5:10 pm

.... sounds good to me
Back to top Go down
sasunaru.4life
The Forum's Knuckleheaded-Ninja
sasunaru.4life

PostSubject: Re: The Novel Help Thread   The Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 5:57 pm

thnks
Back to top Go down
xMoonlight_Maniax
The Light over the Crypt
xMoonlight_Maniax

PostSubject: Re: The Novel Help Thread   The Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 7:05 pm

--Love the new banner at the top of the page :3

Any advice on show-not-tell? Like, show a small example or give some tips? I'm so bad at that.
Back to top Go down
http://member.mibba.com/54014/
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: The Novel Help Thread   The Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 7:41 pm

give an example of place and or thing -thanks-
Back to top Go down
Novel-Goddess
The Forum Theorier
Novel-Goddess

PostSubject: Re: The Novel Help Thread   The Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 7:39 pm

xMoonlight_Maniax wrote:
--Love the new banner at the top of the page :3

Any advice on show-not-tell? Like, show a small example or give some tips? I'm so bad at that.

I've got an example for you:

If you have a character who is mad, don't just say "he was mad." Show us by telling us that heat rose to his face, his hands balled into fists, and his breathing quickened. Have him yell. Etc.

Or, if it is storming, don't just say "it was storming." Say something like "black clouds covered the sky and every few seconds it would flash with lightning, accompanied by huge booms that were thunder." Or something like that, that was actually a quite craptastic example.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jenniferwhite.webs.com
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: The Novel Help Thread   The Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 6:50 am

Nah Novel that was a good way of putting it.

I'm more interested in giving you an example your needing though. Tell us what your stuck on with telling and i'll try to help
Back to top Go down
sasunaru.4life
sasunaru.4life

PostSubject: Re: The Novel Help Thread   The Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 3:21 pm

Alright, so I got this book in the making called "Althelia"
Back to top Go down
Novel-Goddess
The Forum Theorier
Novel-Goddess

PostSubject: Re: The Novel Help Thread   The Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 3:31 pm

Alright. What do you need help with? (By the way, cool title.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.jenniferwhite.webs.com
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: The Novel Help Thread   The Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:14 am

tell us about it! we all need to know!!!!

-gets on knees and begs-
Back to top Go down
sasunaru.4life
sasunaru.4life

PostSubject: Re: The Novel Help Thread   The Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:44 pm

Thank you Novel. =^^=

Alright, well, what its basically about is this Junior in High School Named Althelia Marx who is pretty normal, just super smart. When Halloween rolls around though, things start happening. She starts being attacked by an unknown force. No one believes her. Not her teachers, not her father, or her grandfather [mother died in labor with her, grandmother died when 3 months, so grandfather moved in with Althelia and his son] but her friend Gerard and her are on the case to find this force. But when he gets involved, he starts getting hurt as well so they are basically hunting a ghost that isn't there because this ghost is Althelia's mirror reflection that got out by breaking the glass in her bathroom mirror, named Unthelia who wants to kill Althelia and basically trap her in the mirror and take over her life.

Any more ideas? Things to add? Comment them!
Back to top Go down
My name is Fiction
Searching for Inspiration

PostSubject: Re: The Novel Help Thread   The Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:48 am

um..How about when she is stuck in the mirror it like an alternate world(But not like in the movie Mirrors becuase evrything being wroten backwards is not scary just annoing)
and while shes in there she finds this ghost weakness like somthing in that world Hint,Hint:another mirror.
But why restricte the antogenist to mirrors.to make it phycologicoly scrary it should play on a human weakness EX: Fready crouger

List of examples:
*Cake
*Bacon
*Water (Elements also work well)
*Darkness(Way to over done SKIP)
*Day and night cycles or a pesific time EX Midnight

And does this ghost have any oter powers like Posestion,make you here voices(Like me)
AND PLEASE I can't strease this ENOUGH but make the antagonist have some kind of personality The boogyman is not that scary if you have a light . An antagonist is scary if it seems that at one it WAS human.It brings a lot of disterbing questions like the clasical WHO,WHAT,WHY,and HOW

Don't fall into the pitfalls of making 2D Villans or you might end up like twilight and THAT is scary

PS:Can you beleive that I never wrote anything before my expertise surprises ME. :3
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: The Novel Help Thread   The Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 3:58 am

-.- cake....bacon....?

wow mike.

anyway, yeah do like he says. Make sure you have more depth to your characters AND instead of saying the ghost wants to bring her to the mirror realm, don't just leave it like that. Have her WANT to go there eventually. Like that is the only way to defeat it is by joining it. have the ghost's weakness it's own realm.

put underlining emotions besides hatred and evil in the mirror ghost. but not too much. according to humans the mirror people aren't human.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Novel Help Thread   The Novel Help Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Novel Help Thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crypt of the Creative :: Writer's Tunnel :: Fiction :: Novel-
Jump to: