Crypt of the Creative
Crypt of the Creative
Crypt of the Creative
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creativity, the Longevity of Life

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 161 on Tue May 14, 2019 4:36 pm
Latest topics
» the last person to post here wins
Editing Editing Editing! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 1:39 pm by fleamailman

» way cool pictures
Editing Editing Editing! I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 10:12 pm by fleamailman

» CmDR.Idle.RO [ 47+48 ]
Editing Editing Editing! I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 6:32 pm by SilentxMidnight

» Have returned
Editing Editing Editing! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:15 pm by My name is Fiction

» KPop :'D
Editing Editing Editing! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:11 pm by My name is Fiction

» MuAddicted
Editing Editing Editing! I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:37 am by I-See-Sounds

» Arieth Mu Online
Editing Editing Editing! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 3:38 am by MartinX-ariethAD

» Random Stuff
Editing Editing Editing! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:56 pm by SilentxMidnight

» Goodbye Future - Short Story
Editing Editing Editing! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:41 pm by SilentxMidnight

Top posters
SilentxMidnight
Editing Editing Editing! I_vote_lcapEditing Editing Editing! I_voting_barEditing Editing Editing! I_vote_rcap 
fleamailman
Editing Editing Editing! I_vote_lcapEditing Editing Editing! I_voting_barEditing Editing Editing! I_vote_rcap 
sasunaru.4life
Dark_Spinning_Fairy
Reaper_HarrisPunk
Sage
lilM
xMoonlight_Maniax
The jatsman
Night Owl

Editing Editing Editing!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

Editing Editing Editing! Empty
PostSubject: Editing Editing Editing!   Editing Editing Editing! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:23 pm

Writing is about 9% actual composition and 91% editing. Anybody who says different is either is in their right mind, which means they don't write, or their lying!

Everybody has different methods of editing. What are yours?

I print parts of my manuscript out at a time [a few chapters here and there] when I finish with it and put it in a really big 3 ring binder when i finish collecting the whole book. I'll let the parts I've printed out sit from between 3 hours to 3 weeks before i look at it. Then I pick it up and get my nifty highlighters out. I have one for each thing i need to do.

Pink - Change Names
Orange - Edit word choice
Green - Delete
Purple - Spelling
Blue - Edit way it's written
Yellow- move

Then I'll go and start writing it all over onto the computer to make sure i don't' miss anything [since i have it written in front of me this doesn't take that long. Then I do several read-troughs, in which I make notes about what still needs to be included and/or changed on the actual document on the computer. Then I go back and change it if it really needs changing right then and there. I do this several times, and I don't do ANY editing while writing. it takes away the flow and hurts my brain. I need that thing to write so i don't like hurting it.

So what about you guys? What are your editing/proofreading methods?
Back to top Go down
xMoonlight_Maniax
The Light over the Crypt
xMoonlight_Maniax

PostSubject: Re: Editing Editing Editing!   Editing Editing Editing! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:37 pm

Wow. That sounds like a nifty system! Very organized and colorful. Very Happy

When I hit writer's block in my plot, I usually go back and edit previous chapters, so I don't have to do all of the editing at once. Plus, I'm still being productive in my story. Usually reading over chapters gives me ideas for later ones, so it's extremely helpful. Though when I'm writing, I'm not as descriptive the first time, so when I'm editing I go back and do things such as describe the room my characters are in or show their feelings more.

But at the end, when I finally finish the piece, I print it out and get out a pen, and write all over it. Moving, changing, editing, etc. It's easier to see errors on paper than on the screen for me.
Back to top Go down
http://member.mibba.com/54014/
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: Editing Editing Editing!   Editing Editing Editing! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 1:06 pm

mmhmm it usually is unless you train your eye. I like your way, if i didn't have so many ideas i might do that too.

I hate my system. TOO colorful XD

that is why i do extensive editing, make my dark/Gothic fantasy a rainbow [ :icky: ] and then try to no have to do it again.

When i changed some of the names in my novel i almost cried. I hate pink -waaah-
Back to top Go down
sasunaru.4life
The Forum's Knuckleheaded-Ninja
sasunaru.4life

PostSubject: Re: Editing Editing Editing!   Editing Editing Editing! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 6:05 pm

Well, when I finish about 4 or 5 scenes, I go back and reread them to make sure they make sense. If they do, I continue writing 4 or 5 more scenes and if they dont make sense, I highlight it using my computer and I see if I need to delete it, add to it, reword it, or take things away from it. Then I reread the 4 or 5 scenes again to see what I can do to fix it up. Since I'm actually writing a script, its probably a lot harder then writing a book and editing that. But I could be completely wrong so yeah.

But I like both of your systems very much XP they both sound like good ideas
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: Editing Editing Editing!   Editing Editing Editing! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 6:08 pm

lol i think writing a novel is harder because you have SOMUCH detail and language and stuff going on. you really have to watch. where as scripts are diologe mainly and background detail so you know wahts going on.
Back to top Go down
sasunaru.4life
sasunaru.4life

PostSubject: Re: Editing Editing Editing!   Editing Editing Editing! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 6:16 pm

yeah thats also true. And in a way, they are both the same. I mean, just think about it
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: Editing Editing Editing!   Editing Editing Editing! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 6:22 pm

yeah. speaking of edditing. did you get my review on Urbis?
Back to top Go down
sasunaru.4life
sasunaru.4life

PostSubject: Re: Editing Editing Editing!   Editing Editing Editing! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 8:25 pm

no, i gotta look. i havent been in a while
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: Editing Editing Editing!   Editing Editing Editing! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:04 pm

i did a full edit of your script. i hope its ok ^^
Back to top Go down
sasunaru.4life
sasunaru.4life

PostSubject: Re: Editing Editing Editing!   Editing Editing Editing! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:37 pm

its totally fine =]
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: Editing Editing Editing!   Editing Editing Editing! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:58 pm

Thats good! tell me if you wat me to edit it any more
Back to top Go down
sasunaru.4life
sasunaru.4life

PostSubject: Re: Editing Editing Editing!   Editing Editing Editing! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:15 pm

can do
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Editing Editing Editing!   Editing Editing Editing! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Editing Editing Editing!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crypt of the Creative :: Writer's Tunnel :: Fiction :: Novel-
Jump to: