Crypt of the Creative
Crypt of the Creative
Crypt of the Creative
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creativity, the Longevity of Life

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 161 on Tue May 14, 2019 4:36 pm
Latest topics
» the last person to post here wins
Novel : A family Art I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 1:39 pm by fleamailman

» way cool pictures
Novel : A family Art I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 10:12 pm by fleamailman

» CmDR.Idle.RO [ 47+48 ]
Novel : A family Art I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 6:32 pm by SilentxMidnight

» Have returned
Novel : A family Art I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:15 pm by My name is Fiction

» KPop :'D
Novel : A family Art I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:11 pm by My name is Fiction

» MuAddicted
Novel : A family Art I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:37 am by I-See-Sounds

» Arieth Mu Online
Novel : A family Art I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 3:38 am by MartinX-ariethAD

» Random Stuff
Novel : A family Art I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:56 pm by SilentxMidnight

» Goodbye Future - Short Story
Novel : A family Art I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:41 pm by SilentxMidnight

Top posters
SilentxMidnight
Novel : A family Art I_vote_lcapNovel : A family Art I_voting_barNovel : A family Art I_vote_rcap 
fleamailman
Novel : A family Art I_vote_lcapNovel : A family Art I_voting_barNovel : A family Art I_vote_rcap 
sasunaru.4life
Dark_Spinning_Fairy
Reaper_HarrisPunk
Sage
lilM
xMoonlight_Maniax
The jatsman
Night Owl

Novel : A family Art

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Novel-Goddess
The Forum Theorier
Novel-Goddess

Novel : A family Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Novel : A family Art   Novel : A family Art I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:02 pm

I draw and paint, but I've been doing a lot more painting lately. I paint a lot of abstract-ish things, but they generally involve people in some way. Lately, anyway. A few months ago I did a painting on a really big piece of paper, and it was a mix of different settings from my book. It had one of the more important lines written on it, kind of cutting it in half diagonally.

As for my goals, I really only paint for myself and my family. I'm definitely more of a writer. But there are times when I want to do something creative and words just won't cut it. So I pick up a brush and just let my emotions cover the canvas or paper or whatever else I happen to be painting on.

I've been drawing pretty much all my life, and I've been painting for several years. Art's just something I've always done. I don't think I've ever done anything truly fantastic--I'm no prodigy--but I do get a lot of complements on my work. My mom draws a lot, and my uncle used to paint (his paintings are all over my family's houses), so I picked it up from them. They both always told me that turning your emotions to words or paint or pencil is better than making big displays that you'll regret later.

I've had my drawings in the local newspaper before, and I've been in community/school art shows. People tell me that I'm pretty good, but I don't really do it for them. I do it for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jenniferwhite.webs.com
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: Novel : A family Art   Novel : A family Art I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:16 pm

Novel,

Art and writing can go hand in hand. I dabble in art myself, I tend to do all forms though.
Your work sounds great, I'd love to see some of it.

Have you ever used your art for your writing? or vise verse?

Sometimes it helps in detail if you can draw or paint something out, true?

Does your mom or uncle have a job in art? That would be interesting to come from a family of artists.

You should make copies of the newspaper clippings and post them on the site! Your our published artist! ^^
Back to top Go down
Novel-Goddess
The Forum Theorier
Novel-Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Novel : A family Art   Novel : A family Art I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:21 pm

Actually, I was going to ask you if we could get a section going for everybody to post a gallery. They could post scannings of their drawings and things like that. I'd totally be game.

My uncle actually works with computers, but he used to be in design and architecture, I'm pretty sure. My mom's never really done art type things professionally, but she is breaking into a freelance writing career at the moment.

I like drawing out characters and scenes from my stories and books, and sometimes I'll write stories based on pictures. They do usually go hand-in-hand for me.

Anyway, as soon as I get back home (which will be in about three weeks...I'm spending the summer with family), I'll scan some of my stuff and go ahead and post it.
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: Novel : A family Art   Novel : A family Art I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:33 pm

I'll start the gallery right now ^^

Your family sounds cool, did you get your mother started? =]

What type of things does your mother do?

How's your vacation going, fun i hope.

I was debating if is should have the gallery or not, but I'll start it and see how it works ^^

Hope to see your stuff up there, Novel!
Back to top Go down
Novel-Goddess
The Forum Theorier
Novel-Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Novel : A family Art   Novel : A family Art I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:27 am

Laughing Nah, it wasn't me that got my mother started. She just had a lot of extra time and a chance to do what she's always wanted to, so she took it. She writes for a lot of on-line places like Associated Content and Demand Studios, and she writes a lot of crafting and how-to articles. It's pretty interesting.

Anyway, off to melt my brain and play rock band... lol!
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: Novel : A family Art   Novel : A family Art I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:31 am

hahaha, well have fun melting your brain ><

I'd play too if i had one v.v

Your mom's job sounds fun, i want it ^^
Back to top Go down
Novel-Goddess
The Forum Theorier
Novel-Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Novel : A family Art   Novel : A family Art I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 5:33 am

Laughing So I guess you have a new career goal?

I'm thinking of starting a new project. I did two big paintings this time last summer, and I feel like doing something now. I'm putting a lot of effort into my writing, and I think I need to put the same effort into drawing. So I think I'm going to dig out my pencils when I get home...

Just thought I'd share. I'm a little bored at the moment, with nothing better to do than sit on my duff and post on forums, Laughing .
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: Novel : A family Art   Novel : A family Art I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 7:51 am

Well feel free to post post post away ^^

I think it would be a fun job, but i'll focus on getting my novel published first.

I can't wait to see your work!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Novel : A family Art   Novel : A family Art I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 7:09 pm

Hello Novel.

Your art sounds interesting. I'll have to go have a look.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Novel : A family Art   Novel : A family Art I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Novel : A family Art
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crypt of the Creative :: Artist Tunnel :: Artist-
Jump to: