Crypt of the Creative
Crypt of the Creative
Crypt of the Creative
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creativity, the Longevity of Life

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 161 on Tue May 14, 2019 4:36 pm
Latest topics
» the last person to post here wins
Talk Shop Time I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 1:39 pm by fleamailman

» way cool pictures
Talk Shop Time I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 10:12 pm by fleamailman

» CmDR.Idle.RO [ 47+48 ]
Talk Shop Time I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 6:32 pm by SilentxMidnight

» Have returned
Talk Shop Time I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:15 pm by My name is Fiction

» KPop :'D
Talk Shop Time I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:11 pm by My name is Fiction

» MuAddicted
Talk Shop Time I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:37 am by I-See-Sounds

» Arieth Mu Online
Talk Shop Time I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 3:38 am by MartinX-ariethAD

» Random Stuff
Talk Shop Time I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:56 pm by SilentxMidnight

» Goodbye Future - Short Story
Talk Shop Time I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:41 pm by SilentxMidnight

Top posters
SilentxMidnight
Talk Shop Time I_vote_lcapTalk Shop Time I_voting_barTalk Shop Time I_vote_rcap 
fleamailman
sasunaru.4life
Dark_Spinning_Fairy
Reaper_HarrisPunk
Sage
lilM
xMoonlight_Maniax
The jatsman
Night Owl

Talk Shop Time

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

Talk Shop Time Empty
PostSubject: Talk Shop Time   Talk Shop Time I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:04 pm

Come here to talk about your writing needs!

Writing theory, to the rest of your journey in the world of words! we're here to help and talk!!!
Back to top Go down
Novel-Goddess
The Forum Theorier
Novel-Goddess

Talk Shop Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk Shop Time   Talk Shop Time I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:09 pm

A big thing around the publishing world lately is whether or not to write for the market. The general consensus is no, since by the time your novel gets published the trends will have changed. But a lot of agents are giving suggestions and theories about what will be popular over the next few years, and people are writing toward those possible trends. What do you guys think? Write for trends or possible trends, or write your own things and hope that you fit the market when it comes time to seek representation?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jenniferwhite.webs.com
xMoonlight_Maniax
The Light over the Crypt
xMoonlight_Maniax

Talk Shop Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk Shop Time   Talk Shop Time I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:16 pm

I tend to write about whatever interests me. Still, novels like Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist are extremely popular because they are geared towards their audience, even though there are some popular references in it. If I do use references, I use ones that are very popular and won't seem to die out so soon. For example, one of Meg Cabot's novels features a main character that is obsessed with Gwen Stefani. Almost everyone knows who she is, so that's okay.
Back to top Go down
http://member.mibba.com/54014/
Novel-Goddess
The Forum Theorier
Novel-Goddess

Talk Shop Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk Shop Time   Talk Shop Time I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:22 pm

I don't tend to reference popular culture, but I do reference things past that have remained in the lexicon. I also reference historical events often. In fact, tSotD was based on the French Revolution.

I dislike trying to write for the market, as it changes quickly and unpredictably. There is always a market for well-written fiction, and it will get published even if it's not currently "in."
Back to top Go down
http://www.jenniferwhite.webs.com
SilentxMidnight
Keeper of the Crypt
SilentxMidnight

Talk Shop Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk Shop Time   Talk Shop Time I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:55 pm

you should never write for whats in now anyway. After all, publishers want whats going to be in. Publication takes forever even after a contact so you can't expect the industry to stay the same over that time. You just have to make your writing the best you can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Talk Shop Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk Shop Time   Talk Shop Time I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talk Shop Time
Page 1 of 1